Repairing Kaydon barrier seals to consistently higher quality standards at low cost on a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading Vessel (FPSO) in the North Sea’s Norwegian sector.
A FPSO operator using Kaydon Circumferential Barrier Seals (CBS) fitted to a Dresser Rand compressor train wanted an alternative to its traditional in-house repair facility using replacement wear spares.
NASH was asked to provide a higher-quality repair service that avoided potential damage to expensive parts.
Several CBS units were sent to NASH as the authorised UK and European Kaydon Ring and Seal agent and repair centre. We then:
- Inspected seal condition and provided detailed inspection reports
- Made repairs using Kaydon replacement rings, springs and elastomers
- Recoated and ground sleeves and re-ground the diaphragm
- All seals were rebuilt and tested to original specifications before re-fitting
- Seal performance and reliability both improved
- Costs were minimised